November 3rd saw a full slate of SEC football action that delivered some of the best games and performances of the weekend. Thanks to the fine folks of the SEC Digital Network, here are some quick hitting stats and news from the this past Saturday’s action:
- According to CBS Sports, the Alabama-LSU game garnered a 7.0/13 rating/share in overnights, which would make the contest the highest rated college football game of the season.
- SEC has eight of the top 27 teams in the nation in scoring defense, 10 of the top 40 in net punting and have six of the top 30 passers in passing efficiency.
- SEC players and teams that lead the nation in statistical categories: Georgia LB Jarvis Jones (2.14 tackles for loss per game); Florida pass efficiency defense (87.43 rating); Alabama passing efficiency (175.85 rating); Alabama scoring defense (9.11 ppg).
- With four passing touchdowns against Ole Miss, Georgia QB Aaron Murray now has 80 career TD passes, which is sixth in SEC history.
- Tennessee’s 718 total offensive yards against Troy is the most in the SEC this season.
- Alabama needs to defeat either Texas A&M or Auburn to represent the Western Division in the SEC Championship Game. Texas A&M is the only other SEC team mathematically remaining to make the SEC Championship and would need for Alabama to lose twice and A&M to defeat both the Tide and Missouri.
- Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel has 922 rushing yards this season, third highest for a quarterback in SEC history. Auburn’s Cam Newton has record at 1,473 yards and Auburn’s Jimmy Sidle is second at 1,006 yards.
- Arkansas RB Dennis Johnson, with 156 all-purpose rushing yards against Tulsa, moved into 10th place in career all-purpose yards in SEC history with 5,104 yards.
For the full SEC report, check out the SEC Digital Network.