Now that the Strikeforce organization has folded into the UFC following last Saturday’s final event, the UFC has released a list of fighters who will have a new home in the world’s biggest promotion.
Many of the fighters faced uncertain futures after the event, but a large number of the remaining Strikeforce fighters have made the jump.
Lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez, Daniel Cormier, middleweight champ Luke Rockhold and welterweight champ Tarec Saffiedine were all expected to move to the UFC, but they are not alone in the move. The UFC has decided to bring over a handful of exciting new contenders to their roster, which will be a treat for MMA fans.
Here is the full list of Strikeforce fighters coming to the UFC as announced by UFC officials on FUEL TV’s “UFC Tonight”:
- Daniel Cormier (11-0 MMA, 8-0 SF)
- Gegard Mousasi (33-3-2 MMA, 4-1-1 SF)
- Gian Villante (10-3 MMA, 3-2 SF)
- Roger Gracie (6-1 MMA, 4-1 SF)
- Tim Kennedy (15-4 MMA, 6-2 SF)
- Lorenz Larkin (13-0 MMA, 4-0 SF)
- Champ Luke Rockhold (10-1 MMA, 9-0 SF)
- Ronaldo Souza (17-3 MMA, 7-1 SF)
- Roger Bowling (11-3 MMA, 4-3 SF)
- Jason High (16-3 MMA, 3-0 SF, 0-1 UFC)
- Nate Marquardt (32-11-2 MMA, 1-1 SF, 10-4 UFC)
- Champ Tarec Saffiedine (14-3 MMA, 6-1 SF)
- Bobby Voelker (24-8 MMA, 4-1 SF)
- Ryan Couture (6-1 MMA, 6-1 SF)
- Pat Healy (29-16 MMA, 7-1 SF, 0-1 UFC)
- Kurt Holobaugh (8-1 MMA, 0-1 SF)
- Adriano Martins (24-6 MMA, 1-0 SF)
- Champ Gilbert Melendez (21-2 MMA, 11-1 SF)
- K.J. Noons (11-6 MMA, 3-4 SF)
- Josh Thomson (19-5 MMA, 10-3 SF, 2-1 UFC)
Which of these Strikeforce imports are you most looking forward to seeing in the UFC? As always, sound off in the comments section and let your voice be heard.