The early betting odds for the 2013 Heisman Trophy winner have been released, thanks to the fine folks at Bovada. As you would expect, last year’s Heisman winner Johnny Manziel tops the list as the favorite to take home the 2013 trophy. Following Manziel are Ohio State signal-caller Braxton Miller and USC’s Marquis Lee. Both players received Heisman votes last season.
The only other player on the list who received Heisman votes in 2012 is South Carolina star defensive end Jadeveon Clowney. Clowney is the only player to make the list.
Bovada’s list is littered with quarterbacks from around the nation, which makes sense when you consider eleven of the past thirteen Heisman winners were quarterbacks. Other than the quarterbacks, there were six running backs and two wide receivers to make the list — and of course, Clowney.
Here is the complete list of early 2013 Heisman odds:
- Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M 4/1
- Braxton Miller, QB, Ohio State 7/1
- Marquis Lee, WR, USC 9/1
- Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia 10/1
- Deâ€™Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon 10/1
- A.J. McCarron, QB, Alabama 12/1
- Duke Johnson, RB, Miami 12/1
- Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina 12/1
- Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville 12/1
- Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson 15/1
- Taylor Martinez, QB, Nebraska 15/1
- Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska 18/1
- Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon 18/1
- T.J. Yeldon, RB, Alabama 18/1
- Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA 20/1
- Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor 20/1
- Everett Golson, QB, Notre Dame 22/1
- Stephen Morris, QB, Miami 25/1
- Blake Bell, QB, Oklahoma 30/1
- Jeff Driskel, QB, Florida 30/1
- Kaâ€™Deem Carey, RB, Arizona 33/1
- Devin Gardner, QB, Michigan 40/1
- Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland 40/1
Which player do you think should be the favorite to take home college football’s most prestigious award and do you feel anyone was left off the list that should be included? Sound off in the comments section and let your thoughts be heard.