We are three days in to the NFL free agency period, but there are a lot of top players and solid contributors left on the open market. Now that the heavy spending has been done, it is the appropriate time for teams to come swooping in and get players at a discounted and bargain value. While the big name signings to start free agency get the attention, it is the later acquisitions that fill out a roster which are key to winning a championship.
The running back market has been relatively slow to develop with only a few big names — Reggie Bush, Steven Jackson, Rashard Mendenhall — being signed. This leaves a number of rushers with starting potential and plenty of change of pace options available on the market.
Who are some of the top available players left on the market? Let’s take a look.
Here are the top available running backs that are remaining in free agency:
- Ahmad Bradshaw — 2012 team: New York Giants
- Michael Turner — 2012 team: Atlanta Falcons
- Peyton Hillis — 2012 team: Kansas City Chiefs
- Rashad Jennings — 2012 team: Jacksonville Jaguars
- Felix Jones — 2012 team: Dallas Cowboys
- Andre Brown — 2012 team: New York Giants
- LaRod Stephens-Howling — 2012 team: Arizona Cardinals
- Cedric Benson — 2012 team: Green Bay Packers
- Kevin Smith — 2012 team: Detroit Lions
- Ryan Grant — 2012 team: Green Bay Packers
- Isaac Redman — 2012 team: Pittsburgh Steelers
- Beanie Wells — 2012 team: Arizona Cardinals
- Danny Woodhead — 2012 team: New England Patriots
- Chris Ivory — 2012 team: New Orleans Saints
- Justin Forsett — 2012 team: Houston Texans
If your team is in the market for a running back, which of these players would you like to go after or are is there another option you would like your team to pursue? Let us hear your thoughts by sounding off in the comments section.