The 2013 NCAA Tournament kicks off tonight, but that isn’t the only tournament set to begin action. The NIT is a consolation prize for those who miss out on the big dance and this year’s field is loaded with talented teams. Tonight, a full slate of games are set to begin on ESPN, while the first round of the NCAA tournament kicks off on Tru TV
Which teams will be in action tonight?
Here is a complete rundown of Tuesday’s schedule of NIT action:
- No. 7 Niagara Purple Eagles at No. 2 Maryland Terrapins – 7 p.m., ESPN2
- No. 5 St. John\’s Red Storm at No. 4 St. Joseph’s Hawks – 7 p.m., ESPNU
- No. 5 Louisiana Tech Bulldogs at No. 4 Florida St. Seminoles – 7:15 p.m., ESPN3
- No. 1 Kentucky Wildcats at No. 8 Robert Morris Colonials – 7:30 p.m., ESPN
- No. 8 Norfolk St. Spartans at No. 1 Virginia Cavaliers – 9 p.m., ESPNU
- No. 8 Northeastern Huskies at No. 1 Alabama Crimson Tide – 9 p.m., ESPN2
- No. 6 Ohio Bobcats at No. 3 Denver Pioneers – 9:15 p.m., ESPN3
- No. 6 Washington Huskies at No. 3 BYU Cougars – 9:30 p.m., ESPN
- No. 5 Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks at No. 4 Stanford Cardinal – 11 p.m., ESPN2
Will you be paying attention to the NIT madness or are you just focused on the big dance?
We hope you join us for March Madness!
We will be updating the bracket pictured above after every round, so be sure to keep checking back in.
Be sure to stay tuned to FanSided.com throughout the entire tournament as we keep you up to date with the latest results. Will there be a Cinderella story in 2013? We will have to tune in and see.