The Round of 32 came to an end on Sunday night and the Sweet 16 is now set for the 2013 NCAA Tournament. The biggest story of the day was the No. 15-seeded Florida Gulf Coast Eagles that continued to shock the world in their first tournament appearance in school history. Florida Gulf Coast blew by the No. 7 San Diego State Aztecs to become the first No. 15 seed in history to reach the Sweet 16.
Here are highlights from today’s action:
- Ohio State survived a close contest against Iowa State thanks to a three-point buzzer beater from Aaron Craft. The Buckeyes advanced with a 78-75 final score. [Game Recap]
- No. 1 seed Indiana was able to avoid an upset after a tough challenge from Temple. [Game Recap]
- Florida was able to storm past Minnesota, 78-64, to reach the Sweet 16. [Game Recap]
- Kansas was in a tough contest in the first half, but were able to prevail over North Carolina and become the third No. 1 seed to reach the Sweet 16. [Game Recap]
- Florida Gulf Coast shocked the world again and became the first No. 15 seed to ever reach the Sweet 16. [Game Recap]
- No. 13 La Salle became the latest double-digit seed to reach the Sweet 16 with a 76-74 win over the Ole Miss Rebels. [Game Recap]
- Miami held off Illinois, 63-59, behind a strong performance from sixth man Rion Brown and star guard Shane Larkin. [Game Recap]
- Duke shook off a challenge from Creighton and made yet another Sweet 16 appearance. [Game Recap]
As always, we have updated the tournament bracket and will have that available for you to download and print. You can view the entire updated bracket below:
click to enlarge
Be sure to stay tuned to FanSided.com throughout the entire tournament as we keep you up to date with the latest results.