Every year a number of players are invited to attend the NFL Draft live and in person so that they are provided the opportunity to soak in their big moment and walk across the stage as they shake hands with the NFL commissioner and sport the cap of their new team.
Who will get the honor of beginning their NFL career with a big moment in front of a number of fans and being welcomed to the league by the commissioner?
Here is the current list of players set to attend the 2013 NFL Draft at Radio City Music Hall:
- Barkevious Mingo, Defensive End/Outside Linebacker, LSU
- Bjoern Werner, Defensive End, Florida State
- Chance Warmack, Guard, Alabama
- Cordarrelle Patterson, Wide Receiver, Tennessee
- Dee Milliner, Cornerback, Alabama
- DJ Fluker, Offensive Tackle, Alabama
- EJ Manuel, Quarterback, Florida State
- Eric Fisher, Offensive Tackle, Central Michigan
- Ezekial Ansah, Defensive End, BYU
- Geno Smith, Quarterback, West Virginia
- Jonathan Cooper, Guard, North Carolina
- Kenny Vaccaro, Safety, Texas
- Lane Johnson, Offensive Tackle, Oklahoma
- Luke Joeckel, Offensive Tackle, Texas A&M
- Margus Hunt, Defensive End, SMU
- Menelik Watson, Offensive Tackle, Florida State
- Sharrif Floyd, Defensive Tackle, Florida
- Tavon Austin, Wide Receiver, West Virginia
- Xavier Rhodes, Cornerback, Florida State
Are there any players who deserve to be on the list that were left out? Of course, it’s important to remember that a number of players turn down invitations in order to experience their big day out of the media’s eye and with their families and that a few prospects could still be added to this list.
The 2013 NFL Draft begins on April 25.
Topics: 2013 NFL Draft, Barkevious Mingo, Bjoern Werner, BYU Cougars, Ezekiel Ansah, Florida State Seminoles, Football, Geno Smith, LSU Tigers, Menelik Watson, Tavon Austin, West Virginia Mountaineers, Xavier Rhodes