April’s jam-packed mixed martial arts schedule continues to roll on today with the UFC on FUEL TV 9 event live from the Ericsson Globe Arena in Stockholm, Sweden. After a few last minute shake ups at the top of the card, all of the fights are on weight and ready to go.
The event was originally set to be headlined by hometown boy Alexander Gustafsson and UFC newcomer Gegard Mousasi, but a last minute cut and questionable decision to pull Gustafsson from the fight led to a change of opponent for Mousasi in his UFC debut. Mousasi will still be facing a Swede, but it is Gustafsson’s training partner Ilir Latifi that has stepped up on short notice.
Also on the card is a co-main event between Ross Pearson and Ryan Couture, the son of UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture.
With the fights being overseas, the start time is much earlier than normal if you want to see the event live. It all kicks off at 10:50 a.m. ET with the preliminary card and then switches over to FUEL TV at 2:00 p.m. ET.
How can you catch all of the action and make sure you don’t miss a beat? We’ve got you covered.
Date: April 6, 2013
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Venue: Ericsson Globe Arena
Start Time: 10: 50 a.m ET (Facebook), 2:00 p.m. ET FUEL TV)
Broadcast: FUEL TV, Facebook
Live Stream: Facebook prelims
Here is the UFC on FUEL TV 9 fight card:
MAIN CARD (FUEL TV, 2 p.m. ET)
- Ilir Latifi vs. Gegard Mousasi
- Ryan Couture vs. Ross Pearson
- Philip De Fries vs. Matt Mitrione
- Mike Easton vs. Brad Pickett
- Diego Brandao vs. Pablo Garza
- Akira Corassani vs. Robbie Peralta
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 10:50 a.m. ET)
- Michael Johnson vs. Reza Madadi
- Adam Cella vs. Tor Troeng
- Adlan Amagov vs. Chris Spang
- Marcus Brimage vs. Conor McGregor
- Ben Alloway vs. Ryan LaFlare
- Michael Kuiper vs. Tom Lawlor
- Papy Abedi vs. Besam Yousef