Post time for the 2013 Kentucky Derby is just about an hour away and the odds continue to change. Revolutionary remains the pre-race favorite and for good reason. Revolutionary will be ridden by Calvin Borel and his signature rail riding will benefit him in today’s race with the sloppy track.
The track at Churchill Downs is solid closer to the rail before it gets soggy and sloppy near the middle. If Borel can keep Revolutionary against the rail down the stretch he should be able to earn the win.
Track: Churchill Downs in Louisville, Ky.
Date: Saturday, May 4
Post Time: 6:24 p.m. ET
TV Infoa: NBC
Live Stream: NBC Sports Live Extra
Here is an updated look at the odds with the race just over an hour to go, via the Kentucky Derby’s official website.
1. Onyx: SCRATCHED
2. Oxbow 22/1: Gary Stevens
3. Revolutionary 5/1: Calvin Borel
4. Golden Soul 30/1: Robby Albarado
5. Normandy Invasion 8/1: Javier Castellano
6. Mylute 13/1: Rosie Napravnik
7. Giant Finish 35/1: Jose Espinoza
8. Goldencents 7/1: Kevin Krigger
9. Overanalyze 14/1: Rafael Benajaro
10. Palace Malice 22/1: Mike Smith
11. Lines of Battle 32/1: Ryan Moore
12. Itsmyluckyday 9/1: Elvis Trujillo
13. Falling Sky 36/1: Luis Saez
14. Verrazano 9/1: John Velazquez
15. Charming Kitten 30/1: Edgar Prado
16. Orb 7/1: Joel Rosario
17. Will Take Charge 32/1: Jon Court
18. Frac Daddy 22/1: Victor Lebron
19. Java’s War 25/1: Julien Leparoux
20. Vyjack 29/1: Garrett Gomez
21. Fear The Kitten: SCRATCHED