Featherweight Leonard Garcia was released from the Ultimate Fighting Championship following his fifth-consecutive loss. His most recent loss came to Cody McKenzie at UFC 159 last month in Newark, New Jersey. While Garcia could have taken some time off after his loss and release, he didn’t waste any time finding a new promotion to call home.
On Friday night, it was announced that Garcia had signed with Legacy Fighting Championship. The news was first reported on AXS TV’s “Inside MMA.”
Garcia will make his promotional debut for Legacy FC at “Legacy FC 21: Huerta vs. Hobar,” which takes place on July 19 back in his home state of Texas. Garcia’s opponent is expected to be Reynaldo Trujillo, who is currently on a two-fight winning streak.
The event will air on AXS TV and also features former UFC fighter and The Ultimate Fighter cast member Matthew Riddle.
Here is the current fight card for Legacy FC 21: Huerta vs. Hobar, which is headlined by a championship double-header:
- Matt Hobar vs. Angel Huerta for vacant featherweight title
- William Bush vs. Larry Crowe for vacant Legacy FC middleweight title
- Matthew Riddle vs. Artenus Young
- Darrion Caldwell vs. Gerzan Chaw
- Gerardo Abadie vs. Justin Reiswerg
- Jonathan Harris vs. Matt Rogers
- Leonard Garcia vs. Reynaldo Trujillo
- Jace Pitre vs. Eric Schechinger
- Victor Hernandez vs. Rocky Long
- Ricky Turcios vs. Colin Wright
- Scott Juarez vs. Eric Valdez
- Kenny Burke vs. Chris Lopez
- Eric Garcia vs. Mark Garcia