The UFC 160 main card certainly delivered with a number of stunning and brutal knockouts and crowd-pleasing fights, and that was all before the main event title fight between heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez and challenger Antonio Silva. Velasquez was coming in to the fight looking to show everyone that the dominating win in their first match up wasn’t a fluke, while Silva was looking for redemption. The atmosphere was electric and the anticipation was building until referee Mario Yamasaki finally let the two men get at it.
Velasquez immediately shot for a low single, but Silva was able to step out of the takedown attempt. Once the two men got back to their feet, Velasquez used his quick hand speed to catch the challenger with a clean right hand counter that immediately dropped Silva.
The champion immediately swarmed Silva until Yamasaki was forced to jump in and stop Silva from taking much more damage.
Velasquez earned the quick TKO victory.
- UFC 160 Results: Junior Dos Santos Scores Highlight Reel KO Over Mark Hunt in Third Round
- UFC 160 Results: Glover Teixeira Submits James Te Huna in First Round
- UFC 160 Results: TJ Grant Stuns Gray Maynard With First-Round Knockout
- UFC 160 Results: Donald Cerrone Dominates KJ Noons on Way to Unanimous Decision Win
- UFC 160 Preliminary Card Results