On Wednesday, there were reports surfacing that UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva had suffered an injury to withdraw from UFC 162. If true, the organization would lose their second straight main event and the card would be in some serious trouble. Thankfully, UFC president Dana White is saying that the rumors of Silva’s injury are false.
White does not want anyon to worry about the report.
From Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting and FUEL TV:
Along with Anderson Silva’s camp, Dana White just told me the Silva injury report is not true, as well.
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) May 29, 2013
After losing the UFC 161 main event to injury, it would be a devastating blow to the promotion if they lost UFC 162 with one of their biggest draws. Outside of Silva vs. Weidman, the UFC 162 main card lacks any real drawing power. Let’s hope that the injury isn’t serious and that White is correct.
Here is the UFC 162 fight card as it stands:
- Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman for middleweight title
- Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira
- Roger Gracie vs. Tim Kennedy
- Chan Sung Jung vs. Ricardo Lamas
- Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson
- Tim Boetsch vs. Mark Munoz
- Andrew Craig vs. Chris Leben
- Norman Parke vs. Kazuki Tokudome
- Edson Barboza vs. John Makdessi
- Shane Del Rosario vs. Dave Herman
- Seth Baczynski vs. Brian Melancon
- David Mitchell vs. Mike Pierce