UFC on FUEL TV 10 provide an exciting night of finishes for fight fans live from Paulo Sarasate Arena in Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil. In the main event, heavyweight Fabricio Werdum was able to score a submission win over his idol and mixed martial arts legend Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, but that was far from the only submission of the night. Overall, there were 8 submission victories, which crushed the previous Zuffa era record of six which happened at The Ultimate Fighter 6 Finale, UFC Fight Night 17 and UFC on FUEL TV 2.
Not only did the event shatter the submission record, it tied the record for most finishes in a single event with UFC Fight Night 13 at ten. There were just two events fights on the card that went to decision.
It was a fun night of fights on free television and really showcased the amount of passion that Brazilian fighters enter the fights with in front of their home crowd.
Here are the full results from UFC on FUEL TV 10:
- Fabricio Werdum def. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira via submission (armbar) – Round 2, 2:41
- Leonardo Santos def. William Macario via submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 2, 4:43 to win “TUF: Brazil 2″ championship
- Thiago Silva def. Rafael Cavalcante via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 4:29
- Erick Silva def. Jason High via submission (armlock) – Round 1, 1:11
- Daniel Sarafian def. Eddie Mendez via submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 1, 2:20
- Rony Mariano Bezerra def. Mike Wilkinson via technical submission (triangle choke) – Round 1, 1:24
- Raphael Assuncao def. Vaughan Lee via submission (armbar) – Round 2, 1:51
- Felipe Arantes def. Godofredo Castro via TKO (elbows) – Round 1, 3:32
- Ildemar Alcantara def. Leandro Silva via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Rodrigo Damm def. Mizuto Hirota via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Caio Magalhaes def. Karlos Vemola via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 2:49
- Antonio Braga Neto def. Anthony Smith via submission (kneebar) – Round 1, 1:52