Yesterday we gave you plenty of reasons why betting Game 6 was stupid. For the most part, we were right. Procomputergambler.com called the game as Miami by 6, and 192 total points. In hindsight, picking San Antonio to cover the 6.5 point spread, and picking the Total over 191.5 would actually have won had we bet it, but we’re still glad we stayed away.
Here are the Top 5 reasons why you betting game 6 made you crazy.
5) You had the Heat to cover – Yawn – If anything, you WANTED Danny Green to hit that shot at the end to hope for a Heat run in double O/T. In fact, had you gone to sleep early, you would have saved the trouble of hoping for the miracle that wouldn’t ever come close. Wait, I think the Heat had a 6 point lead… once… in the second quarter…for like 30 seconds.
4) You had San Antonio Straight Up at +275 ($10 to return $37.50) – Great Value Bet for pretty much the entire game, particularly in the second half. Looked even better up 5 with just 28 seconds left. Looked good in overtime… Looked good until the Refs… Nevermind…
3) You bet the “safest” play of the day – Heat Straight Up at -300 ($30 to return $40). We’re not saying you didn’t EARN your victory dance, but at that price, down the ENTIRE game, a win is a win, but how many heart palpitations did you really need to go through for the result?
2) You bet the Over 191.5 – Good for you, another winner! Was it really? How much stress and hairs lost did you have to go through when the 2nd quarter had just 42 points, and 3rd quarter 46. With no points for 2:14 late in the fourth, stuck on 173, you needed 19! Points… Maybe you decided to turn away, press pause on your DVR and invoke your “I need points” superstition by running around the block naked to kick start the over. Well, let me tell you, it worked! You were the absolute direct cause of the Heat coming back! Wasn’t that indecent exposure ticket that your neighbours called the cops on you for worth it!
1) You bet the Under 191.5 – The “value” was on the under… it was… should have happened, lots of defense with signs in the stands that had little picket fences on them. Mortal LOCK on the under needing – wow… 19! Points to screw this up with just 151 second left. Three 3 pointers, 4 Free Throws, and 2 jumpshots later – Your bet was done! Today you are Google’ing “Hair patch regrowth”, drinking lots of water in recovery, and planning church services this week for all the bad words you used last night. But at least you were entertained right?
Can’t wait until Game 7!