Guess what, basketball gamers. When you get tired of playing with NBA teams in NBA 2K14 you can now move across the pond and play with 14 Euroleague teams, this according to Euroleague.net who announced the partnership this morning.
2K Sports and Euroleague Basketball announced today an exclusive multi-year global partnership that will see top teams from the Turkish Airlines Euroleague introduced into NBA 2K14, the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*, for the Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 systems. This will mark the first time Euroleague teams have appeared in the critically acclaimed NBA 2K series. Fourteen teams in total will be integrated as playable teams in NBA 2K14, allowing fans of European basketball to pit their local teams against the biggest teams from the NBA for the very first time.
• From Greece, back-to-back Euroleague champs Olympiacos Piraeus and Panathinaikos Athens;
• From Spain, 2012-13 Euroleague runner-up Real Madrid, FC Barcelona, Unicaja Málaga and Laboral Kutxa Vitoria;
• From Italy, EA7 Emporio Armani Milano and Montepaschi Siena;
• From Turkey, Fenerbahçe Ülker Istanbul and Anadolu Efes Istanbul;
• From Russia, CSKA Moscow;
• From Israel, Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv;
• From Lithuania, Zalgiris Kaunas; and
• From Germany, Alba Berlin.
The globalization of basketball has entered the video game world, which is pretty damn neat if you think about it. Somewhere David Stern just cracked open a box of cigars (or fined Mark Cuban, whatever is more fun).