Michelle Obama is going where no First Lady has gone before, the music industry. That is right, Mrs. Obama will release a hip-hop inspired album. The project, sponsored by the Partnership For A Healthier America and Hip Hop Public Health, is intended to promote her “Let’s Move” campaign focused on fighting childhood obesity.
Apparently Kendrick Lamar has inspired everyone to get into Hip Hop (kidding).
It has a pretty steady name of well known musicians including Matisyahu, Doug E. Fresh, Travis Barker (of Blink 182) and Ashanti.
The most interesting part is that New York Knicks guard Iman Shumpert is featured on the album. The titles sound sound harmless and relevant to the theme of the project.
I don’t know why she couldn’t try and promote proper spelling at the same time.
The track list is below:
1. “U R What You Eat” f/ Salad Bar (Matisyahu, Ariana Grande, Travis Barker)
2. “Everybody” f/ Jordin Sparks, Doug E. Fresh, Dr. Oz, Ryan Beatty, Hip Hop MD
3. “Let’s Move” f/ Doug E. Fresh, Artie Green, Chauncey Hawkins
4. “Just Believe” featuring Ashanti, Gerry Gunn, Artie Green, Robbie Nova
5. “Veggie Luv” f/ Monifah and J Rome
6. “Hip Hop FEET” f/ DMC and Artie Green
7. “Stronger” f/ Shayna Steele, Jeremy Jordan, Our Time Theater kids, and E-Street Band guitarist Nils Lofgren
8. “Give Myself a Try” f/ Ryan Beatty
9. “Jump Up” f/ Brady Rymer and the Little band that Could
10. “Hip Hop LEAN” f/ Artie Green
11. “Pass the Rock” f/ Iman Shumpert and Artie Green
12. “Good Living” f/ Ashton Jones
13. “Beautiful” f/ Daisy Grant and Artie Green
14. “Change the Game” f/ The Happiness Club, featuring Naledge
15. “Wanna Jump (Let’s Move)” f/ Paul Burch
16. “Mother May I” f/ Amelia Robinson
17. “We Like vegetables” f/ Los Barkers!
18. “Get Up Sit Up” f/ Babi Floyd
19. “One Step Forward” f/ Samite