UFC women’s bantamweight contender Sarah Kaufman has a knack for putting on thrilling fights for the fans, but she will have to wait for her next octagon appearance after being pulled from the UFC Fight Night 27 card, which is set to take place August 28 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis.
Kaufman was set to face off against undefeated Sara McMann, but McMann suffered an injury during training and the Olympic silver medalist was forced to withdraw from their bout. Unable to find a replacement on short notice, the UFC decided to pull Kaufman as well and reschedule her for a later event.
With Kaufman vs. McMann off the main card, a preliminary bout will get the bump to the FOX Sports 1 portion of the card, which is a great opportunity for the undercard fighters to get extra exposure.
Now that the UFC has officially announced Kaufman will no longer be fighting at the event, here is the updated UFC Fight Night 27 fight card:
- Carlos Condit vs. Martin Kampmann
- Donald Cerrone vs. Rafael dos Anjos
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Brian Melancon
- Court McGee vs. Robert Whittaker
- Robert McDaniel vs. Brad Tavares
- Takeya Mizugaki vs. Erik Perez
- Papy Abedi vs. Dylan Andrews
- Justin Edwards vs. Brandon Thatch
- Darren Elkins vs. Hatsu Hioki
- James Head vs. Jason High
- Ben Alloway vs. Zak Cummings
- Roger Bowling vs. Abel Trujillo