The Seattle Seahawks have joined the ranks of NFL teams making roster cuts today following the third week of preseason action. Teams need to cut their training camp rosters down to 53 men.
List of players released by Seahawks:
- Jameson Konz, tight end
- Perez Ashford, wide receiver
- Kyle Knox, linebacker
- Andrei Lintz, tight end
- Kyle Nelson, long snapper
- Martin Parker, defensive tackle
- Craig Wilkins, linebacker
- Brett Swain, wide receiver
The Seahawks tried to use Konz at both tight end and defensive end but he couldn’t make either position work well enough to stay on the roster. Swain played wide receiver for the Green Bay Packers and the San Francisco 49ers before.
None of these cuts are really shocking and you probably haven’t heard their names before. Just the normal and routine end of August cuts for NFL teams.
Teams also making cuts:
- New York New York Jets release 14 players” href=”http://fansided.com/2013/08/26/new-york-jets-release-14-players/”>Jets released 14 players
- Philadelphia Philadelphia Eagles release 11″ href=”http://fansided.com/2013/08/26/nfl-roster-cuts-philadelphia-eagles-release-11/”>Eagles released 11 players
- Buffalo Buffalo Bills release Da’Rick Rogers, four others” href=”http://fansided.com/2013/08/26/nfl-roster-cuts-2013-buffalo-bills/”>Bills release 5 players
- Tennessee Tennessee Titans release Barry Richardson and 6 others” href=”http://fansided.com/2013/08/26/nfl-roster-cuts-2013-tennessee-titans-release-barry-richardson-and-6-others/”>Titans release 7 players
- New England New England Patriots release five players” href=”http://fansided.com/2013/08/26/nfl-roster-cuts-2013-new-england-patriots-release-five-players/”>Patriots release 5 players