The Washington Redskins have joined the ranks of NFL teams making roster cuts today following the third week of preseason action. Teams need to cut their training camp rosters down to 53 men by August 31st’s 6 p.m. deadline. For now, teams have to trim it down to 75 players ahead of tomorrow’s deadline.
The Washington Redskins released the following players:
- Eric Kettani, fullback
- Ricky Elmore, linebacker
- John Potter, kicker
- Chip Reeves, wide receiver
- Quan Sturdivant, linebacker
According to Rotoworld the Redskins “waived/injured LB Jimmy Kimbrough and CB Richard Crawford, and placed LB Keenan Robinson and rookie SS Phillip Thomas on injured reserve.”
Cornerback Richard Crawford was a integral role in the Redskins 2012 defense, particularly in nickel back packages. He tore his ACL and damaged his LCL and PCL as well in Washington’s third preseason game. He’ll rehab the knee and start focusing on making the roster in the 2014 season.
Teams also making cuts:
- New York Jets released 14 players
- Philadelphia Eagles released 11 players
- Buffalo Bills release 5 players
- Tennessee Titans release 7 players
- New England Patriots release 5 players
- Seattle Seahawks release 8 players
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers release 6 players
- St. Louis Rams release 10 players
Stay tuned to FanSided.com as we keep you updated.