On Saturday NFL teams had to trim their rosters down to 53-men as we change gears from preseason to regular season. Unfortunately that means the end of a lot of talented players dreams at making an NFL roster. Some will get opportunities on practice squads, some will see that chapter of their life come to an end, at least until possibly next season.
Some players are released, some are waived and some players that they want to hold onto but are injured have other options. There is the physically unable to perform list as well as injured reserve.
- offensive lineman Kasey Studdard
- running back Jalen Parmele
- offensive lineman Daniel Baldridge
- defensive tackle Zach Clayton
- tight end Brandon Barden
- linebacker Gary Guyton
- defensive tackle Nigel Nicholas
- wide receiver Dontel Watkins
- quarterback Rusty Smith
- linebacker Scott Solomon
- tight end Jack Doyle
- fullback Collin Mooney
- linebacker Tim Shaw
- receiver Rashad Ross
- center Fernando Velasco
- defensive tackle Stefan Charles
- safety Corey Lynch
- linebacker Jonathan Willard
- cornerback Khalid Wooten
Placed Marc Mariani on injured reserve.