According to the Biletnikoff Award on Tuesday, it has added nine wide receivers to its 2013 watch list.
The Award, presented to the nation’s outstanding college receiver by the Tallahassee Quarterback Club Foundation, added the following players to its list:
- Texas Tech junior Jace Amaro, Jr.,
- Utah junior Dres Anderson,
- Western Michigan freshman Corey Davis,
- UNLV junior Devante Davis,
- Idaho junior Dezmon Epps,
- Northwestern junior Tony Jones, Jr.,
- Wyoming junior Dominic Rufran,
- Ball State senior Jamill Smith, and
- Cal sophomore Byrce Treggs.
One of the more interesting additions to the list is WMU’s Davis. The 6-foot-2, 205-pound freshman recorded five receptions for 112 yards and a touchdown, including a 75-yard catch, in the Broncos’ 38-17 loss at Northwestern last week.
Entering college as only a two-star recruit, Davis has 21 catches for 324 yards and two touchdowns for the season.
WMU (0-3) visits Iowa (2-1) at 12 p.m. Saturday (Big Ten Network).