The Wisconsin football team made several improvements to its non-conference schedules Wednesday. The university also changed the date of one of its games against BYU.
Those improvements include,
- Wisconsin hosting Troy on Sept. 9, 2015,
- Wisconsin hosting Hawaii on Sept. 26, 2015,
- Wisconsin hosting Florida Atlantic on Sept. 9, 2017,
- Wisconsin visiting Hawaii on Sept. 4, 2012, and
- Wisconsin hosting Hawaii on Sept. 17, 2022.
Seeing Wisconsin add weaker opponents such as Troy, Hawaii and FAU is likely in preparation for the rumored Big Ten Conference schedule expansion.
The Big Ten, which currently plays an eight-game schedule, is rumored to move to a nine-game schedule to complement its move to a 14-team conference. Maryland and Rutgers join the conference in 2014.
According to FBSchedules.com on Wednesday, Wisconsin rescheduled its meeting against BYU in 2017 in Provo to 2019. The original return game of the home-and-home series will still be played in 2018 in Madison.
Exact dates for both games are yet to be announced.
Wisconsin hosts BYU on Nov. 9 of this season. The time of that game will be announced in the near future.