UFC middleweight contender Michael Bisping has been dealing with his fair share of eye injuries in 2013 and another issue with his injured eye has forced him to withdraw from an upcoming fight with Mark Munoz at UFC Fight Night 30 in Manchester, England.
Bisping is obviously a huge draw in his home country, but the same eye that forced him to undergo surgery for a detached retina following his UFC 159 bout with Alan Belcher is one again a problem.
ESPN’s Brett Okamoto broke the news and Bisping is expected to miss at least five months.
With Bisping out of the UFC Fight Night 30 main event, Lyoto Machida has been tabbed as the replacement for Munoz.
Machida was originally set to face off against Tim Kennedy at UFC Fight For The Troops 3 in his middleweight debut, but the bout against Munoz sets him up with a bigger opportunity if he is victorious.
Kennedy will now have to await a new opponent for his next fight on November 6.
With the changes to the event, here is the new UFC Fight Night 30 card:
- Lyoto Machida vs. Mark Munoz
- Melvin Guillard vs. Ross Pearson
- Ryan Jimmo vs. Jimi Manuwa
- Norman Parke vs. Jon Tuck
- Magnus Cedenblad vs. Alessio Sakara
- Phil Harris vs. John Lineker
- Piotr Hallmann vs. Al Iaquinta
- Luke Barnatt vs. Andrew Craig
- Jessica Andrade vs. Rosi Sexton
- Cole Miller vs. Andy Ogle
- Jimy Hettes vs. Mike Wilkinson
- Michael Kuiper vs. Brad Scott