Fresh off of the heels of a spectacular performance against the Maryland Terrapins, Florida State Seminoles quarterback Jameis Winston has watched his stock soar as he leaps in to third-place in the latest Heisman Trophy straw poll.
The HeismanPundit.com Heisman Straw Poll polls a handful of Heisman voters to give us an idea of who could win the highly-coveted award and the latest poll shows us that Winston’s Heisman campaign is gaining some steam.
In the top spot, Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel comes in for the fourth week in a row, while Oregon star Marcus Mariota hangs on to the No. 2 spot.
Georgia’s Aaron Murray and Teddy Bridgewater of Louisville round out the top five.
Here is the latest Heisman Straw Poll, via HeismanPundit.com( first place votes in parentheses):
1. Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M — 20 (6)
2. Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon — 15 (2)
3. Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State — 11 (1)
4. Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia — 7
5. Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville — 3 (1)
6. Duke Johnson, RB, Miami — 2
7. (tie) Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor — 1
Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson — 1