With multiple teams on the verge of capturing their sixth wins of the 2013 season, USA Today Sports put together a look at some of the bonuses the top college coaches are expected to earn should their teams wind up in bowl games this winter. If you’re broke like I am, you probably should stop reading now.
How does your coach stack up?
- Charlie Strong (Louisville Cardinals): $308,333 (one-twelfth of his annual salary)
- Les Miles (LSU Tigers): $100,000 (or $200,000 for a BCS game)
- Frank Beamer (Virginia Tech Hokies): $42,500
- Brady Hoke (Michigan Wolverines): $85,000
- Kliff Kingbsury (Texas Tech Red Raiders): $25,000
- Mark Helfrich (Oregon Ducks): $50,000
- Rod Carey (Northern Illinois Huskies): $25,000
- Nick Saban (Alabama Crimson Tide): $65,000
- Pete Lembo (Ball State Cardinals): $2,500 (with $10,000 added for a bowl win)
- Dave Clawson (Bowling Green Falcons): $10,000 (with $5,000 added for a bowl win)
- Dabo Swinney (Clemson Tigers): $20,417
- Gary Pinkel (Missouri Tigers): $75,000
- Bob Stoops (Oklahoma Sooners): $71,500.
So I don’t know about you all, but suddenly I have a big urge to go into coaching.
[Source: USA Today Sports]