Today is a special day in college football, the Red River Rivalry between the Oklahoma Sooners and the Texas Longhorns. This game is a very special, and unique one.
The schools meet in the middle, Dallas, Texas, and play at the Cotton Bowl on the State Fair Grounds. The stadium is split down the 50-yard line, half red and half burnt orange. It is a great game with a wonderful atmosphere, but fans every year are subjected to the same redundant talking points in down time year in and year out.
So for those of you watching, here is our drinking game for the Red River Rivalry, with some input from Reddit. Take a drink when any of the following occurs, we’ve organized it into groups for you.
- When they show the split down the middle
- When they show a celebrity guest roaming the sidelines
- Announcers talk about Mack Brown’s future being on the line
- Rumors about Nick Saban possibly being the next head coach are mentioned
- Mention or show Big Tex
- Mention or show fried food (they fry everything)
- When they discuss the McCoy/Shipley connection, the younger or older set
- Every time they show Bevo
- Every time they refer to Blake Bell as ‘Belldozer’
- Every time they show the Sooner Schooner
- Every time they call Bob Stoops, ‘Big Game Bob’