St. Louis Rams defensive lineman Chris Long was ejected following a scuffle with Carolina Panthers players. While there were many players in the scuffle, Long threw a punch and that is why he was ejected. It is a curious decision because it looks like Steve Smith put his hands on a lot of people and one player’s facemask, but it could’ve been more of a shove than a punch.
Here is the fight:
At the end you can see Panthers’ Ben Hartsock mocking him giving the universal thrown out sign. A Panthers defender comes up and has a quick word with Long but it seems like that might have been more positive than negative.
[h/t] CJ Zero
[h/t] Business Insider
And as Long was leaving the field, fans threw garbage at him.
[h/t] CJ Zero
- Mike Tolbert scores TD and dances (GIF)
- Jay Cutler leaves game with injury (GIF)
- Julian Edelman has video game punt return (GIF)
- Detroit Lions’ Calvin Johnson blown up, has helmet knocked off (GIF)
- Vincent Jackson makes one-handed TD grab (GIF)
- Rams LB James Laurenitis almost does Cam Newton’s Superman celebration (GIF)
- Tavon Austin celebrates touchdown that was called back (GIF)
- Logan Ryan taunts Jets with crotch-grab (GIF)
- Geno Smith throws pick-six to Logan Ryan (GIFs)
- Joseph Fauria keeps celebrating (GIF)
- Rob Gronkowski’s first catch of the season (GIF)
- Andy Dalton hits AJ Green for 82-yard score (GIF)
- Carolina Panthers kick off scoring with pick-six (GIF)