There is some pretty terrible news for Bellator. Tito Ortiz, who was set to headline the organization’s very first pay-per view fight with a match up against Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, suffered an injury late in camp that has forced him to withdraw from his scheduled main event bout.
Ortiz’s injury was to his neck and MMA Fighting first reported the news on Friday evening.
Bellator will now need to figure out what to do with Rampage and decide whether to keep next weekend’s card scheduled as a pay-per view or if they should move it to Spike TV.
It is an unfortunate bite from the injury bug by Bellator, but injuries happen in the sport.
Stay tuned to see what Bellator decides to do with Rampage Jackson and their scheduled pay-per view moving forward.
With Ortiz out, here is the updated Bellator 106 card:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Quinton Jackson vs. TBD
- Michael Chandler vs. Eddie Alvarez - for lightweight title
- Pat Curran vs. Daniel Straus - for featherweight title
- Muhammed Lawal vs. Emanuel Newton - for interim light heavyweight title
- Cheick Kongo vs. Vinicius Queiroz - heavyweight tourney final
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV, 8 p.m. ET)
- Mike Bronzoulis vs. Joe Riggs - “Fight Master” tourney final
- Patrick Cenoble vs. Terry Etim
- Mike Richman vs. Akop Stepanyan
- Karo Parisyan vs. Cristiano “Soldier Boy” Souza
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com, 6 p.m. ET)
- Jesse Juarez vs. Joe Williams
- Brandon Halsey vs. Hector Ramirez
- Mike Guymon vs. Aaron Miller
- Joe Camacho vs. Cleber Luciano
- Darren Smith vs. Josh Smith