The co-main event at UFC Fight Night 30 between Ross Peasrson and Melvin Guillard was ended with an unfortunate sequence that caused the bout to be ruled as a no contest. Guillard had Pearson hurt and was throwing some knees in a scramble against the cage, but Pearson touched his hand to the mat a split second before the second knee landed to his head and the bout was halted.
It was an unfortunate ending for the fans because the bout seemed that it would be a thrilling fight, but now we have to move on and hope that the “hand down” rule can be eliminated.
Here are the full fight video highlights from Guillard vs. Pearson:
- Lyoto Machida vs. Mark Munoz headkick KO (GIF)
- UFC Fight Night 30 results: Lyoto Machida scores headkick KO of Mark Munoz in Round 1
- UFC Fight Night 30 results: Ross Pearson, Melvin Guillard ruled no contest after illegal knee
- Ryan Jimmo suffers leg injury at UFC Fight Night 30 (GIF)
- UFC Fight Night 30 results: Jimi Manuwa edges Ryan Jimmo in awkward finish
- UFC Fight Night 30 results: Norman Parke picks apart Jon Tuck for unanimous decision win
- UFC Fight Night 30 results: Nicholas Musoke stuns Alessio Sakara with first-round armbar
- UFC Fight Night 30 results: John Lineker TKOs Phil Harris in Round 1
- Cole Miller calls out Connor McGregor in post-fight interview
- Ryron, Rener Gracie coaching against each other at UFC Fight Night 30