Jul 5, 2013; Las Vegas, NV, USA; Norman Parke at the weighs-in for his UFC fight at the Mandalay Bay Event Center. Norman Parke takes on Kazuki Tokudome at the MGM Grand Garden Arena July 6. Mandatory Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports

UFC Fight Night 30 results: Norman Parke picks apart Jon Tuck for unanimous decision win

After two first-round wins to kick off the UFC Fight Night 30 main card, Norman Parke and Jon Tuck looked to continue the action in a lightweight match up. Parke, the TUF: Smashes winner, was looking to extend a ten-fight winning streak, while Tuck was hoping to keep his undefeated record alive, but you knew that someone would be leaving the octagon unhappy within the next fifteen minutes.

Tuck came out looking to land first with a headkick that was followed up by leg kicks, but Parke avoided the shots and waited for the opportunity to find an opening to strike.

Parke was incredibly patient as Tuck continued throwing the high kick, and he was the more aggressive fighter as he began to land some significant strikes midway through Round 1. Parke got poked in the eye and was looking for a break in the action, but the referee missed the illegal strike and Tuck charged after his injured opponent began to retreat.

Parke was able to regain his wits and the two began trading in the center of the octagon.

The trick that was really working for Parke early was slipping back and using the quick opening to land a slick right, but Tuck wasn’t backing down and he was delivering strong shots to the body and continued throwing the headkicks upstairs.

To end Round 1, Parke charged in for a big takedown right at the bell. The takedown may have been enough to give Parke the edge in the first.

Parke was much more aggressive coming in to the second round and he began to pick Tuck apart by mixing up combinations to the head and body. Tuck was unable to string punches together, which was a clear sign of fatigue as the fight went on.

Tuck was unable to get anything going and was just becoming a punching bag for Park, who was finding his groove and turning the round into a blowout.

At this point in the fight, it was clear that Tuck was either just saving his gas for the third round or that he was just hanging on for dear life and hoping to avoid getting finished.

Heading into the third, it looked like Parke would have this one in the bag as long as he avoided a miraculous finish from Tuck.

Parke told his corner that there was a right hand injury he was dealing with heading into the final round, but he was sucking it up and continued throwing the hand in an attempt to finish Tuck in the final five minutes.

Tuck had a brief flash in the middle of the round, but it was clear that his conditioning just wasn’t there.

The final round was much like the second with Parke picking apart the Guam native, who was just hoping to survive. Tuck’s corner did everything they could to get him to fire back, but Parke was a cardio machine who was keeping a pace that Tuck couldn’t return.

Parke cruised through the final minutes for the unanimous decision win.

When the judges scorecards were read, Parke earned the decision by scores of 29-28, 29-28 and 30-27.


Dick's Sporting Goods presents "Hell Week":

Tags: Norman Parke UFC Fight Night 30