A scheduled pay-per view scheduled for this weekend was canceled after Tito Ortiz suffered a broken neck that forced him to withdraw from the main event with Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, but it actually ended up being a blessing for the fans.
With Ortiz vs. Rampage off the event, Bellator made the decision to switch the event to free TV on Spike this weekend.
This means fans will be treated to the most stacked Bellator card in history on free television. The event, Bellator 106, features a championship triple-header.That’s right, the lightweight, light heavyweight and featherweight titles will all be on the line.
In addition, the finale from season one of Fight Master will be featured on the main card.
As we gear up for the main event — Michael Chandler vs. Eddie Alvarez II — Spike TV will be airing a primetime episode tonight dubbed, “Unfinished Business,” which will air at midnight. We got to preview the episode which will be available for the fans, and trust me, you will want to check it out as we prepare for the rematch of one of the most epic fights in mixed martial arts history.
Here is the new Bellator 106: Chandler vs. Alvarez II fight card:
MAIN CARD (Spike TV, 9 p.m. ET)
- Michael Chandler vs. Eddie Alvarez - for lightweight title
- Muhammed Lawal vs. Emanuel Newton - for interim light heavyweight title
- Pat Curran vs. Daniel Straus - for featherweight title
- Mike Bronzoulis vs. Joe Riggs - “Fight Master” tourney final
- Mike Richman vs. Akop Stepanyan
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com, 7 p.m. ET)
- Jesse Juarez vs. Joe Williams
- Brandon Halsey vs. Hector Ramirez
- Mike Guymon vs. Aaron Miller
- Joe Camacho vs. Cleber Luciano
- Darren Smith vs. Josh Smith