The WWE pay-per-view Hell in a Cell ended on Sunday night with a bang. In an interesting twist of events, Randy Orton won the WWE Championship over Daniel Bryan. At one point, Shawn Michaels was accused of a slow count when Orton was trying to pin Bryan, that prompted Triple H to come down to the ring.
Triple H did more to hurt the match than help. He distracted Michaels causing him to miss crucial moments of the match and at one point Michaels wasn’t available to count out Orton when Bryan had him pinned. Bryan tried to get Michaels up but Triple H threw him aside to help his friend. Bryan delivered a knee to Triple H’s face, which prompted Michaels to deliver the “Sweet Chin Music” to Bryan, gifting the WWE Championship to Randy Orton.
It is still early to know what the card for Survivor Series will be, it is still about a month away. With the way the Hell in a Cell ended, you’d think that there could be a Orton-Bryan match brewing, but it’d be the fourth pay-per-view in a row though. Nevertheless, with that story line and John Cena holding the WWE Heavyweight Championship it could be a great card.
- Reddit leaker Dolphins1925 goes 6 for 6 at Hell in a Cell
- Randy Orton defeated Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship
- A.J. Lee defeats Brie Bella to retain the WWE Divas Championship
- John Cena defeats Alberto Del Rio for the WWE Heavyweight Championship
- Los Matadores defeat the Real Americans
- CM Punk defeats Ryback in Hell in a Cell
- Big E Langston wins by count out, Dean Ambrose retains United States Championship
- Kane returns to the WWE, attacks the Wyatts and choke slams The Miz
- Cody Rhodes and Goldust defeat The Shield and The Usos to retain WWE Tag Team Championship
- Damien Sandow defeats Kofi Kingston during pre-show
- Big E Langston challenged Dean Ambrose for WWE United States Championship