The Cleveland Browns almost traded wide receiver. Josh Gordon on Tuesday before the deadline, but ultimately they didn’t. According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, the Browns came closes to trading Gordon.
The Browns reportedly had ‘lots of talks’ but they couldn’t get a deal that they liked. Offers were too low, and they decided to keep him basically. That is good news for Gordon, who wanted to stay in Cleveland all along.
“I do want to stay in Cleveland,” said Gordon, via the Akron Beacon-Journal. “Cleveland is my first home, the team I got drafted to. It’s a great place to be. I love the fans in Cleveland and everything about it, but business is business.”
“When [the trade deadline is] over, it’s over,” Gordon said. “However it goes, it’s beyond me, it’s above me. I will be excited either way. Hopefully [I’ll] get some new questions.”
#Browns had a lot of talks, but in the end, no trade. I’m told the guy they came closest to dealing was Josh Gordon. Couldn’t get enough tho
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 29, 2013
Latest Trade Rumors:
- NFL trade rumors: Jared Allen deal now dead
- NFL trade rumors: Steelers to make last minute move?
- NFL trade rumors: Broncos not in running for Jared Allen
- NFL trade rumors: Chiefs keeping eye on Tony Gonzalez
- NFL trade rumors: Broncos making room for Jared Allen
- NFL trade rumors: Vikings close to moving Jared Allen?
- NFL trade rumors: Seahawks in Jared Allen ‘vastly overblown’
- NFL trade rumors: Vikings asking for second-round pick in Jared Allen talks
- NFL trade rumors: Giants GM keeping all options open on Hakeem Nicks
- NFL trade rumors: Seahawks trying to get Jared Allen
- NFL trade rumors: Jerry Jones says unlikely Cowboys make move
- NFL Trade Rumors: Vikings want to keep Jared Allen