The Cleveland Browns have been rumored to be considering trading wide receiver Josh Gordon. The front office has been denying these rumors all season long however.
“We have no plans of trading any of our guys, including Josh,” Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski said, via ESPN. “We’re not shopping them.”
It appears that the Browns front office was right all along and they weren’t bluffing. There was a big demand for wide receivers too, they could’ve generated interest. The Browns probably valued Gordon higher than the offers they were receiving. Teams were probably hesitant to give up too much, given his off-field troubles.
Unless something unexpected comes out of blue in last hour, CLEV is not trading WR Josh Gordon. Keeping him. 2nd in NFL in ave per catch.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 29, 2013
- NFL trade rumors: Nobody has interest in Kenny Britt
- NFL trade rumors: Kenny Britt, Vinny Curry, Anthony Dixon available
- NFL trade rumors: Hakeem Nicks not expected to be dealt
- NFL trade rumors: Tony Gonzalez open to trade out of Atlanta
- NFL trade rumors: Redskins aggressively shopping Fred Davis
- NFL trade rumors: Jairus Byrd deal will ‘be difficult’
- NFL trade rumors: Could Cowboys make move for Jared Allen?