Could there be a possible reunion in the works, prior to today’s NFL trade deadline? It’s not out of the question, at least according to Jason Cole of The National Football Post who says the Kansas City Chiefs are keeping an eye on former tight end Tony Gonzalez.
#Chiefs are keeping an eye on whether #Falcons will trade @TonyGonzalez88. Gonzo would welcome the deal.
The Chiefs, despite being 8-0, could use both a tight end and a down-field threat, something Gonzalez would provide allowing the team to kill two birds with one stone. Of course, the Falcons have yet to make any overtures that they’re open to trading Gonzalez.
Of course, at 2-5 and a stacked NFC, postseason aspirations in Atlanta are looking pretty bleak so it could be in the best interest of Atlanta to pull the trigger, assuming they get enough value in return.
- NFL trade rumors: Seahawks in Jared Allen ‘vastly overblown’
- NFL trade rumors: Vikings asking for second-round pick in Jared Allen talks
- NFL trade rumors: Giants GM keeping all options open on Hakeem Nicks
- NFL trade rumors: Seahawks trying to get Jared Allen
- NFL trade rumors: Jerry Jones says unlikely Cowboys make move
- NFL Trade Rumors: Vikings want to keep Jared Allen
- NFL trade rumors: Indianapolis Colts say they are ‘standing pat’
- NFL trade rumors: Eagles fielding offers for Vinny Curry
- NFL trade rumors: Vikings have had discussions involving Jared Allen
- NFL trade rumors: Nobody has interest in Kenny Britt