It was reported earlier today by ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that the Seattle Seahawks were working on a trade for Minnesota Vikings defensive end Jared Allen.
That was followed by reports that the Seahawks interest in Allen was overblown and that their cap space would be an obstacle to complete the move. The Seahawks only have $2 million in available space.
Now Schefter and FOX Sports Jay Glazer are reporting that the Seahawks are not expected to trade for Allen.
Contrary to what is out there Seattle is NOT one of the teams in it for Jared Allen. Two others but Seattle is not talking to Vikes for him
— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) October 29, 2013
Seahawks not expected to trade for Vikings DE Jared Allen now. One source said the Seahawks have decided to not actively pursue him.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 29, 2013
- NFL trade rumors: Nobody has interest in Kenny Britt
- NFL trade rumors: Kenny Britt, Vinny Curry, Anthony Dixon available
- NFL trade rumors: Hakeem Nicks not expected to be dealt
- NFL trade rumors: Tony Gonzalez open to trade out of Atlanta
- NFL trade rumors: Redskins aggressively shopping Fred Davis
- NFL trade rumors: Jairus Byrd deal will ‘be difficult’
- NFL trade rumors: Could Cowboys make move for Jared Allen?