The Miami Dolphins came away with an overtime victory on Thursday night against the Cincinnati Bengals, doing so without second year offensive tackle Jonathan Martin.
Martin of course left the team earlier in the week after reportedly dealing with bullying which has now allegedly forced the NFL Players Association to reach out to the Miami Dolphins.
Per Fox Sports:
The NFL Players Association has been in touch with the Miami Dolphins and people close to second-year offensive tackle Jonathan Martin to gather facts about what prompted him to leave the franchise, a source told FOX Sports.
NFLAPA DeMaurice Smith was scheduled to meet with the Dolphins today, however, head coach Joe Philbin gave the players the day off after their victory, causing Smith to cancel his trip. He still plans to meet with the team in the near future though with the Martin topic being atop the discussion:
Smith, though, will be visiting the Dolphins soon, and the Martin situation is a major priority for him to address, a source told FOX Sports.
Martin himself reached out on Twitter Thursday afternoon, wishing everybody a ‘Happy Halloween’ and suggested people shouldn’t believe everything they read, though, that could have been in reference to the rumors surrounding Martin’s reaction to the alleged bullying, etc.