Nov 10, 2013; New Orleans, LA, USA; Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo (9) huddles with teammates during the third quarter of a game against the New Orleans Saints at Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Mandatory Credit: Derick E. Hingle-USA TODAY Sports

Dallas Cowboys are shocked by loss to Saints

The Dallas Cowboys were dominated in every aspect of the game during a 49-17 loss to the New Orleans Saints on Sunday night football. The Saints set an NFL record with 40 first downs against their defense, while the Cowboys offense didn’t even put up 200 pards on offense.

“I didn’t expect this,” Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said, via ESPN Dallas. “I didn’t see this coming. But I did think we would have to come in here and get some points on the board with them. I felt we certainly were compromised relative to our defense where we are with our personnel, it’s not an excuse ’cause we didn’t play as well as they played. They just did a very good job of defending us and kept us off the field.”

“I thought we would hang in there real good with [the Saints] and you might have a game comparable to when we played Denver, a game like that,” said Jones.

The Cowboys lost a shoot out with the Broncos 51-48 earlier in this season. He wasn’t the only one shocked by the outcome of the game.

“I’ve never been a part of nothing like this,” cornerback Orlando Scandrick said.

“I’m very stunned,” safety Barry Church said.

“This is not what I envisioned,” cornerback Brandon Carr said.

Tags: Dallas Cowboys

comments powered by Disqus