Players with dreadlocks in the NFL have continually voiced their displeasure with league rules, which state that your hair (assuming it’s touching part of your jersey) is part of your uniform. In short, if you can tackle a player by the hair – it’s fair game.
That’s apparently something Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Jason Babin took to heart today as he ripped out the hair of Arizona Cardinals running back Andre Ellington, proudly holding them up in the air as if he had just claimed victory in some Romanesque battle.
The play took place on a third down, so Ellington didn’t technically leave the game though he did get attention from the medical staff. He returned on the Cardinals’ next possession, likely with a headache.
- Jason Babin tears dreadlocks from Ellington’s head (GIF)
- Troy Polamalu whiffs on dirty hit to Reggie Bush (Video)
- Ray Rice breaks 47-yard run (GIF)
- Ravens fan tries not to be blown away in wind (GIF)
- Police officer smacks backside of Vontaze Burfict (GIF)
- Bengals block punt, return for touchdown (GIF)
- Calvin Johnson with 79-yard touchdown catch (GIF)
- Bengals bust out trick play (GIF)
- LeSean McCoy injures his hamstring (GIF)
- Case Keenum with wild 42-yard touchdown pass (GIF)
- Wind plays trick on New York Jets field goal (GIF)
- Raiders Matt McGloin throws first career TD (GIF)
- LeSean McCoy steals flag from Redskins fan (GIF)
- LeSean McCoy wears Raiders jacket to game (GIF)