The Baltimore Ravens game against the Chicago Bears has been delayed because of severe weather in Northern Illinois. The area was under a tornado watch earlier in the day and now a tornado has touched down in East Peoria.
National Weather Service officials confirmed a tornado touched down near East Peoria in central Illinois and was moving northeast about 60 mph. No immediate injuries have been reported. Photos from the area showed devastating damage, however.
“This is a very dangerous situation,” Russell Schneider, director of the National Weather Service’s Storm Prediction Center, told the Associated Press. “Approximately 53 million in 10 states are at significant risk for thunderstorms and tornadoes.”
The fans were told to exit the bowl and get inside the stadium. Before that happened this Ravens fan seemed to be enjoying the breeze, or holding on for dear life.
[h/t] Zombie Prophet
- Eagles’ LeSean McCoy injured (GIF)
- Steelers’ Le’Veon Bell hurdles defender (GIF)
- Brent Celek’s big 42-yard reception (GIF)
- Nick Foles powers through pile for touchdown (GIF)
- Robert Griffin III gets sacked (GIF)
- Antonio Brown catches a 34-yard touchdown pass (GIF)
- Chad Henne hits Danny Noble on 4th and 1 for 62-yard touchdown (GIF)
- Robert Griffin III gets hit late along the sideline (GIF)
- Michael Irvin howls on the pre-game show (GIF)
Topics: Baltimore Ravens