The Boston Red Sox continue to look for help at first base and have contacted they agent of former Milwaukee Brewers’ first baseman and outfielder and current free agent Corey Hart.
Hart discussed this and and his 2013 injury woes with MLB Network Radio on Tuesday.
“What’s so hard right now is I don’t get cleared until Dec. 3,” Hart told MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM via Adam McCalvy of MLB.com. “We have plenty of teams calling and checking in to see how I’m doing, but until the doctor says I’m 100 percent, they’re going to hold off until that time.
“It’s kind of frustrating because I’ve been 100 percent for the last month. Until I can actually get back out to [Dr. Neal ElAttrache in] L.A., I’m kind of in a holding pattern right now.”
Hart’s agent has also been contacted by the Milwaukee Brewers, Tampa Bay Rays and Colorado Rockies.
“Winning will be great, but I’m more of a family man than anything,” Hart said. “So it won’t necessarily be the best fit for me; it will be the best fit for my family. … We’ll come together and figure out what the best fit is for us, and that’s where we’ll go.”
Hart, 31, missed last year due to injuries, but has batted .276, posted an on-base percentage of .334 and has slugged .491 with 154 home runs and 508 RBI in his career.