After another week of college football action, the latest Heisman Trophy straw poll, which gives us an idea of who could take home the most prestigious award in the game, has been unveiled. Once again leading the way is Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston, with last year’s winner, Johnny Manziel, occupying the No. 2 spot.
Northern Illinois’ Jordan Lynch is getting some love, which could lead to an invitation to New York, while Oregon’s Marcus Mariota is losing ground and Baylor’s Bryce Petty begins to climb the rankings.
Who will take home the award?
Here are the results for the latest straw poll from The HeismanPundit.com:
Total Points (with first place votes in parentheses)
1. Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State — 20 (6)
2. Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M — 18 (2)
3. Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor — 11 (1)
4. Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon – 6 (1)
5. (tie) AJ McCarron, QB, Alabama — 2
Jordan Lynch, QB, Northern Illinois — 2
7. Andre Williams, RB, Boston College — 1