Little did he know both Chris and Kyle would be in the middle of a mini-brawl.
With St. Louis leading Chicago 21-7 in the second quarter, things got testy when Trumaine Johnson was tackled via a nasty facemask. That itself was likely enough to start a war of words, but down field, Bears offensive tackle Kyle Long was engaged in a scuffle with a Rams lineman. That quickly escalated and a handful of players from both sides began pushing and shoving while Kyle Long’s brother, Rams defensive end Chris Long (who was on the sideline) rushed onto the field and did everything he could to stop the skirmish, including trying to get his brother out of the ruckus.
Flags were thrown and Kyle Long was given an unsportsmanlike penalty for fifteen yards, but there were no ejections.
There is no automatic ejection for coming off the bench in the NFL.
— Mike Pereira (@MikePereira) November 24, 2013
- Joseph Fauria does Saturday Night Fever dance (GIF)
- Lions Nate Burelson has pizza delivery touchdown celebration (GIF)
- Girls wear bikinis to Vikings – Packers Game (GIF)
- Jets S Ed Reed levels Ravens WR Jacoby Jones (GIF)
- Buccaneers’ impressive interception against Lions’ Matthew Stafford (GIF)
- Scott Tolzien gives Packers lead with great spin move, TD run (GIF)
- Miami blocks Panthers field goal (GIF)
- Dolphins, Panthers show off tip drill (GIF)
- Tavon Austin scores on 65-yard run (GIF)