For the past nine weeks, Detroit Lions wide receiver Nate Burleson has been sidelined with a broken arm. But Burleson didn’t sustain the injury playing football or even working out. Nope, as you likely heard, Burleson had a late night craving for pizza and went to pick up the pizza pie.
On his way home, Burleson lost control of his SUV and attempted to save the pizza from falling off the seat. That resulted in a broken arm and one of the most embarrassing non-football injuries an NFL player could dream up.
Despite that, Burleson clearly has a sense of humor about the incident as he displayed moments after his touchdown this afternoon.
In his first game back from injury, Burleson was the target of a Matthew Stafford throw which the former Nevada product hauled in and ran into the endzone.
The wide receiver rushed over towards the the sidelines, took the ball out of the ‘pizza delivery warmer’ and presented it to the cheering Lions fans.
H/T Bleacher Report
- Girls wear bikinis to Vikings – Packers Game (GIF)
- Jets S Ed Reed levels Ravens WR Jacoby Jones (GIF)
- Buccaneers’ impressive interception against Lions’ Matthew Stafford (GIF)
- Scott Tolzien gives Packers lead with great spin move, TD run (GIF)
- Miami blocks Panthers field goal (GIF)
- Dolphins, Panthers show off tip drill (GIF)
- Tavon Austin scores on 65-yard run (GIF)