After a disaster of a performance against the LSU Tigers in Week 13, Texas A&M Aggies quarterback Johnny Manziel watched his chances of bringing home a second straight Heisman Trophy go out the window. That opened the door for another deserving candidate to have a crack at the most prestigious award in college football, and Boston College running back Andre Williams appears to be that man.
Williams has leapfrogged Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron and Jordan Lynch of Northern Illinois for second place in the latest Heisman Pundit Poll, which is comprised of ten anonymous Heisman voters. The poll has been the most accurate poll for the past seven years, so things are looking good for Williams.
Here is a look at the latest HeismanPundit Heisman Straw Poll that was released today:
Total Points (with first place votes in parentheses)
1. Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State — 18 (6)
2. Andre Williams, RB, Boston College — 16
3. AJ McCarron, QB, Alabama — 8 (2)
4. Jordan Lynch, QB, Northern Illinois — 7 (1)
5. Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M — 4
6. Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon — 3 (1)
7. Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor — 2
8. (tie) Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State — 1
Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh — 1