The 2013 Iron Bowl gave us one of the most memorable moments in college football history. With one second remaining and the game tied at 28, the top-ranked Alabama Crimson Tide lined up for a 57-yard field goal attempt.
The kick looked good, but it ultimately came up short. Luckily for the Auburn Tigers, they had return man Chris Davis back deep to return and he pulled off the miracle.
Davis returned the field goal back all the way for the game-winning touchdown as time expired.
The game was an instant classic and words cannot describe how incredible the moment was. With the win, Auburn advances to play in the SEC Championship while Alabama watches their quest for a third-straight national championship come to an end.
Since words can’t describe how incredible the moment was, check out the Alabama fan reaction below:
- Iron Bowl 2013: Auburn returns missed field goal to knock off Alabama (GIF)
- Iron Bowl 2013: Auburn ties game with option-pass in final minute (GIF)
- Iron Bowl 2013: Auburn blocks Alabama field goal to stay alive (GIF)
- Iron Bowl 2013: Auburn breaks out sewing machine on sidelines
- Iron Bowl 2013: AJ McCarron hits Amari Cooper for 99-yard go-ahead score (GIF)
- ESPN score alerts call Alabama’s 99-yard TD a safety (Photo)
- Iron Bowl 2013: Auburn QB Nick Marshall scores on 45-yard TD run (GIF)