New York Jets superfan “Fireman Ed” quit on his team last year, he couldn’t take it any longer and cited disrespectful Jets fans as part of the reason. The Jets added former Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed, and he was looking for Fireman Ed to help liven up the crowd.
“That guy with the hard hat on. Is he still here? What’s his name, Fireman Ed?” Reed said, via the New York Daily News. “I need him getting the whole stadium crunked this week.”
He was then informed that he retired.
“He retired? I can’t believe it,” Reed said. “We need to bring him out of retirement.”
Fireman Ed is at the game but not in the usual attire, he is just there as an average fan.
— Joe Siniscalchi (@Joe_Siniscalchi) December 1, 2013
- Titans’ Delanie Walker injured, being evaluated by trainers (GIF)
- Cardinals and Eagles can’t hold on to the football (GIF)
- Josh Gordon scores a touchdown for the Browns (GIF)
- Panthers get on board with TD pass from Cam Newton to Brandon LaFell (GIF)
- Panthers QB Cam Newton with impressive run vs. Buccaneers (GIF)
- Nick Foles strikes first with 6-yard TD vs. Cardinals (GIF)