For the first time in UFC history, a bout ended in a draw and the fans couldn’t be happier. That is because everyone was a winner whenever Mark Hunt and Antonio Silva left their hearts inside of the octagon in an epic heavyweight battle in the main event of UFC Fight Night 33.
The bout was an instant classic and will go down as a candidate for Fight of the Year and one of the greatest fights in UFC heavyweight history, so let’s take a look at how the judges scored the bout.
Judge Charlie Keech score the fight 48-47 in favor of Hunt, while judges Barry Foley and Ron Papaiannou scored the bout a 47-47 draw.
Here is a look at the judges scorecards:
click to enlarge
Everyone who watched the bout was in awe of the heart and resilience shown by both fighters inside of the cage and it is certainly a bout that none of us will soon forget.
If you missed tonight’s exciting event, here are the full results from UFC Fight Night 33:
- Mark Hunt vs. Antonio Silva declared majority draw (48-47 Hunt, 47-47, 47-47)
- Mauricio Rua def. James Te Huna via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 1:03
- Ryan Bader def. Anthony Perosh via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Soa Palelei def. Pat Barry via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 2:09
- Clint Hester def. Dylan Andrews via TKO (injury) – Round 2, 5:00
- Bethe Correia def. Julie Kedzie via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Takeya Mizugaki def. Nam Phan via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-28)
- Caio Magalhaes def. Nick Ring via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Justin Scoggins def. Richie Vaculik via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 4:43
- Krzysztof Jotko def. Bruno Santos via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Alex Garcia def. Ben Wall via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 0:43