The Chicago Bears are hosting the Dallas Cowboys on Monday Night Football and they traded shots early. Then the Bears began to run away with it and had a solid 24-14 lead at the half. The Bears didn’t slow down in the third quarter.
A quick field goal started the half and then the Bears got another score at the end of the quarter. This time it was a touchdown pass to Matt Forte. It was a little flat route and quarterback Josh McCown just tossed the ball to Forte. They followed that play up with a fourth quarter score. It was a similar play to Michael Bush on the right side behind the line of scrimmage, and he took it 17-yards for the touchdown untouched.
That was 28 unanswered points for the Bears. Early in the fourth quarter the Cowboys finally got back on the board. Tony Romo stepped up in a very small and congested pocket. He threw a strike to the back of the end zone and found wide receiver Cole Beasley who leaped over a defender to make the catch.
That score brought the Cowboys within 21 points with just under 11 minutes left in the game.
Hat tip to Zombie Prophet
SEE ALSO FIRST HALF HIGHLIGHTS:
- Mike Ditka braves cold, yells ‘Go Bears’ (GIF)
- Bears’ Alshon Jeffery makes an incredible touchdown catch (GIF)
- Cowboys’ Dez Bryant gets wind knocked out of him (GIF)
- Bears’ Alshon Jeffery makes a big interception saving catch (GIF)
- Cowboys’ Jason Witten dives for a touchdown to tie the game (GIF)
- Bears’ Josh McCown spins through the air for the touchdown (GIF)
- Bears tie Cowboys with touchdown pass to Earl Bennett (GIF)
- Cowboys strike first vs. Bears on Monday Night Football (GIF)