There was an unusual play in the game between the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers. We’ve already seen the teams trade a pair of dunks. Clippers forward Blake Griffin threw down a monster dunk and Celtics guard Avery Bradley threw down a one-handed alley-oop.
Now it was time for Clippers center DeAndre Jordan to get in on all the fun.
Chris Paul tosses the ball up to a charging Jordan in the paint. Jordan elevates and gets his hand on the ball and tries to throw it down. He does throw it, the problem is it never comes down.
Jordan wedges the ball in between the rim and the backboard. Maybe he should try to dunk it instead of trying to throw it in.
Once they got the ball out they had a jump ball at mid-court and play resumed. Still, that has to be a first right?
— CJ Fogler (@cjzero) December 12, 2013
And for good measure, here is a GIF:
- Celtics’ Avery Bradley throws down one-handed alley-oop (GIF)
- Celtics honor Doc Rivers before game (Video)
- Clippers’ Blake Griffin with an explosive dunk against Celtics (GIF)
- ‘Los Angeles’ falls off DeAndre Jordan’s jersey
- Andrew Bogut blocks Cody Zeller’s dunk (GIF)
- Chris Paul passes to Blake Griffin for the dunk (GIF)